This is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). * NOTE: The K-2 students need their own hand drum for home (and for use in class).
Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids K-2 follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8.
As part of the Rhythm Kids K-2 experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies), as well as downloads of all the songs we will be working on each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!